It's not a good idea to use turkey liver in the turkey gravy as it tends to give it a sort of "muddy" flavor. So what to do with it? You could try this:
- Trim the liver with a paring knife, removing the bits of white connective tissue
- Slice the liver on the bias into 1/4" slices
- Dredge the slices in flour that's been seasoned with salt and pepper
- Try the slices in olive oil until just cooked through- firm to the touch, but no more. They should still be pink inside.
- Remove the liver to a plate
- Deglaze the pan with a splash of white wine, along with perhaps a tablespoon of minced shallot and, if you have it, some fresh thyme or other herbs
- Add a tablespoon of butter
- Reduce the sauce to about half volume. The butter will emulsify and thicken the sauce.
- Pour over the liver and serve.
We had ours with toast as part of a light lunch.